Operations at the Central Sorting Office, on South Camp Road in Kingston, were halted this morning and staff evacuated because noxious fumes were detected in the building.
Public Relations Officer at the Fire Brigade, Senior Deputy Superintendent, Emilio Ebanks says a reason for the fumes has not been ascertained.
Senior Deputy Superintendent, Emilio Ebanks, Public Relations Officer at the Fire Brigade, speaking this morning with Nationwide News.
The Central Sorting Office was constructed in 1980.
Today, the building also hosts a business process outsourcing centre.