The security forces have imposed a curfew in two sections of Savanna-la-Mar, Westmoreland.
The curfew comes after eight people will killed in the parish in less than 24 hours.
The curfew began at 6-o’clock last evening and will continue until 6-o’clock Friday evening.
The boundaries of section one of the curfew are:
– North, along Grotto main road from St. Mary Fishing Village to Dalling Street;
– East, along Dalling Street from Grotto main road to the entrance of Queen Street;
– South, along Queen Street from Dalling Street to the St. Mary Fishing Village;
– And WEST, along the St. Mary Fishing Village from Queen Street to Grotto main road.
The boundaries for section two are:
– NORTH, along Lewis Street from St. George’s Street to Top Hudson Street;
– EAST, along Top Hudson Street from Lewis Street to Bottom Hudson Street;
– SOUTH, along Bottom Hudson Street from Top Hudson Street to St. George’s Street;
– And, WEST, along St. George’s Street from Bottom Hudson Street to Lewis Street.
During the hours of the curfew, all persons within the boundaries are required to remain within their premises unless authorized in writing by the ground commander.