‘Seek State Help if Giving Up Your Child’ – OCR


Registrar at the Office of the Children’s Registry, Greig Smith, is encouraging new parents to seek assistance from the state, if they are considering giving up their child.

His comments follow the discovery of a newborn baby abandoned in a shoe box at the Chapleton Community Hospital in Clarendon over the weekend.

[audio_mp3 url=”http://nationwideradiojm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Mcaulay-on-investment-desperation-09AUG2016.mp3″]

Mr. Smith says new parents can also seek financial help from the state.

[audio_mp3 url=”http://nationwideradiojm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Greig-Smith-seek-help-from-CDA-Aug9-2016.mp3″]

The Registrar says it’s illegal to abandon a child under two years old.

[audio_mp3 url=”http://nationwideradiojm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Greig-Smith-can-get-financial-help-Aug8-2016.mp3″]