Woman Named as Arms Shipment Recipient Released without Charge

The woman, Monique Hastings, listed as the intended recipient of a shipment containing a cache of arms intercepted in Miami, Florida, last month has been released from police custody with no charge.

The 25-year old woman was interviewed by the Montego Bay Police and held in their custody since Monday.

Miss Hastings was interviewed in relation to the seizure of 119 weapons and hundreds of rounds of ammunition at the Miami International Airport in Florida on November 13.

The weapons – four rifles and 115 pistols – were found in two blue shipping barrels, declared as “personal effects”.

It’s understood the shipment was destined for Montego Bay, Jamaica before being intercepted by US law enforcement. She was listed as the consignee or receiver of the shipment. She voluntarily turned herself into the Constabulary’s Counter-Terrorism and Organized Crime Investigation Branch on Monday.

Speaking with Nationwide News this afternoon, her lawyer, Oswest Senior-Smith, says his client has been released with no charge.

He told our news centre, however, that several of her documents including her passport, have been retained by police as they continue their investigations.

Attempts to contact head of C-TOC, Assistant Commissioner, Fitz Bailey, for comment were unsuccessful.

–30–




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *