by Suzell Wray

State Minister in the Ministry of Information, Robert Morgan says the Health authorities will be making the findings of a probe into the circumstances surrounding the treatment of Shanique Armstrong at the Spanish Town hospital public.

The State Minister gave the commitment at Wednesday morning’s Post Cabinet press briefing.

Robert Morgan, State Minister in the Ministry of Information.

Ms. Armstrong lost her baby at the hospital last week.

The young mother has come public with her story claiming the Nurses on duty did very little to assist her in delivering her baby.

The Senior Medical Officer at the hospital, Dr. Jacqueline Wright James says based on the preliminary findings the 26-year-old was not assisted with having the baby.

The South East Regional Health Authority has launched a probe into the case.

Meanwhile, the nation’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Jacquiline Bisasor-McKenzie says it’s evident improvements will have to made to the care system at the Spanish Town Hospital following the experience of Shanique Armstrong.

Dr. Jacqueline Bisasor- McKenzie, Chief Medical Officer.

Meanwhile, the Board of the South East Regional Health Authority, SEHRA, is now in possession of a report from the Spanish Town Hospital regarding the circumstances which led to Shanique Armstrong alleging she gave birth without assistance from nursing staff at the hospital.

Acting Regional Director for SEHRA, Errol Greene, confirmed to our news centre that the report was submitted by the hospital’s Senior Medical Officer, Dr. Jacqueline Wright James, on Wednesday.

But, Mr. Greene would not be drawn on the specifics of when the board would publicly discuss the report’s findings.

Errol Greene, Acting Regional Director at SEHRA.

SEHRA had requested the report on Monday after Ms. Armstrong accused the nursing staff of ignoring her cries for help as she went into pre-term labour in the hospital’s Accident and Emergency Unit.

The baby subsequently died.

Ricardo Brooks contributed to this report.