There’s another twist in the saga over whether the Reverend Al Miller did indeed tell then-Police Commissioner, Owen Ellington, that he was going to turn in the then fugitive Christopher “Dudus” Coke to the US Embassy in June 2010.

The assertion was a pivotal part of Reverend Miller’s defense in the recently-concluded case against him for perverting the course of justice.

However, Nationwide News has obtained a copy of a statement given by Reverend Miller to the police the day after he was found transporting Coke.

The statement does not indicate that Commissioner Ellington was aware of the plans to turn in Coke to the US embassy in Liguanea, St. Andrew.

Last Friday, Reverend Herro Blair, re-ignited the story over whether the Police High Command were aware of Reverend Miller’s efforts to get Coke surrender to the US Embassy.

[audio_mp3 url=”″]

Now there’s another twist to the story.

After being intercepted with Coke, Reverend Miller was grilled for several hours over the course of two days, in the presence of his attorney.

Detective Inspectors Horace Forbes and Carey Lawes asked Miller whether he had made any contact with anyone at either the Commissioner’s office or the US Embassy regarding Coke’s surrender.

Reverend Miller responded, that he had personally made contact with the US Embassy. But he was not prepared to give any names at that time.

He added that he called the Commissioner’s office seeking to locate Mr. Ellington.

It’s not revealed in the interview whether he was successful in speaking directly with the Commissioner.

The detectives asked Miller what was the decision made.

Reverend Miller admits, there was no decision.

The detectives then asked, when was the decision made for Coke to be taken to the US Embassy in Liguanea.

Reverend Miller repeats, no decision was made.

And he admits that it was actually Coke who asked to be taken to the Embassy.

He says it wasn’t until he met the fugitive at an undisclosed location in St. Ann, that Coke made that request.

The account given by Miller to the police on June 23, 2010, squares with the account he gave on Nationwide Radio’s Cover Story the previous day, less than two hours after he was intercepted with Coke.

Again, Miller makes no mention of having an agreement with Commissioner Ellington.

Rather, he references speaking with Coke’s lawyers and someone at the US Embassy.

[audio_mp3 url=”″]

Yet, Reverend Miller and his attorney Jacqueline Samuels-Brown, have insisted that Commissioner Ellington was aware of Miller’s efforts.

They subpoenaed the Commissioner’s phone records on the day of June 22, 2010 as well as his visitor’s log for May 19 and 22, 2010 before the Tivoli operation.

However, they did not subpoena Ellington or any member of his then High Command to give evidence at Miller’s trial. An option they could have exercised.

Following the sentence, Mrs. Samuels-Brown lamented Mr. Ellington’s refusal to cooperate.

[audio_mp3 url=”″]

A source close to Mr. Ellington says Reverend Miller made no contact with the then Police Commissioner or other members of the High Command after the initial efforts around the 20th of May to get Coke to surrender peacefully failed.

Coke was captured in the company of Reverend Miller one month later on June 22, 2010.

The source also points out that the former Commissioner, or any other police officer, would be breaking the law if they’d facilitated Coke being delivered to the US authorities in breach of the bench warrant out for his arrest in Jamaica.

Meanwhile, the story may yet take another turn, as Reverend Miller has called a press conference for tomorrow.