The White House has pushed back against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, hours after he lashed out at the Biden administration for withholding weapons from Israel.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre confirmed an ongoing pause remained on one particular shipment of bombs, but she insisted no other weapons were being withheld.

In a video in English earlier on Tuesday, Mr. Netanyahu rebuked the US, saying it was inconceivable for the administration to be withholding weapons.

He said Israel is America’s closest ally, fighting for its life.

In the video, Mr. Netanyahu said he had spoken to Secretary of State Antony Blinken about delays.

He said he was assured by Mr. Blinken that he was working day and night to remove the bottlenecks.

At a press conference in Washington, Mr. Blinken said the administration was continuing to hold back the consignment of bombs from Israel over concerns about their use in urban areas of Gaza, but that the issue remained under review.