Patrons of the much anticipated Burna Boy Live Concert left the venue with mixed reactions about the execution of the event.

The star studded concert was held at the National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica. 

It featured Popcaan, Lila Ike and Burna Boy and was hosted by Khadine “Miss Kitty” Hylton.

However the impressive line-up was affected by multiple technical issues relating to audio that left the audience dissatisfied. 

Zasha-Kae Dennis reports.

The show began with Miss Kitty making her grand entrance. However the audience could not hear her for approximately five minutes. The show then progressed with Lila Ike taking the stage and delivering a powerhouse performance that rocked the stadium.

Lila Ike’s performance was followed by Popcaan who made an energetic entrance. He was met with chants from disgruntled patrons shouting “we nah hear” for several minutes in the first quarter of his set. 

A patron said these issues should have been sorted long before the night of the event.

Popcaan left the stage shortly after bringing the event to a pause as the technical team addressed the second audio issue of the night. 

The diligent host, Miss Kitty, made efforts to assist with the challenge by seeking to ascertain the sections of the stadium that were without sound. She soon realised the issue was affecting the entire venue. 

Popcaan returned to the stage at approximately 10:23pm with muffled audio from the microphone but proceeded with the show.

The emergence of Jamaican musical legend Beres Hammond added fuel to the fire of an already blazing crowd. The sound was on the decline as Beres Hammond’s segment was muffled and barely audible. 

Popcaan had the audience in the palm of his hands when he brought out his rumoured love interest former Miss World 2019/2020 Toni-Ann Singh. 

The couple were a picture of love as they performed their single “Next to Me” wrapped in each others arms while sharing the only working microphone on stage. 

Popcaan’s set came to a close and the stadium was plunged into silence as the audience waited for the main act, Nigerian super star Burna Boy, to grace the stage. 

At 12:11am Burna Boy was welcomed on stage to a standing ovation, flashing lights and screams from the crowd. He opened his set by confessing his Jamaican connection to his fans.

Fans were singing the lyrics word for word but were abruptly sunk by the persistent technical difficulties. Burna Boy had to pause his set twice.

Not deterred by the challenges, he was swift in getting them addressed and engaging the audience in an enrapturing performance to the very end. 

The show ended with a show stopping performance of a fan favourite international hit “Last Last”.