Accused member of the Uchence Wilson gang, Odeen Smith, otherwise called ‘Brinks’  insisted he didn’t know where two high powered guns were hidden, while speaking with policemen on an operation.

It was one of the things revealed in forty-one minutes of audio played by prosecutors in court yesterday.

The recording is one of several covert recordings by a Police witness during an operation in 2017, when the gang’s reputed leader Uchence Wilson pointed out Brinks on a construction site.

Following his own arrest in October, a previous Police witness told the court that a month later Wilson told them he could’ve directed them to Brinks. Yesterday’s witness was on that special operation. He used his Samsung Galaxy phone to record the conversations with his team, Wilson and Brinks that day.

Prosecutors and Defence attorneys followed keenly using lengthy transcripts as the audio evidence was played in court.

The evidence recorded Wilson arriving with the police team on a location where Brinks was.

Brinks can be heard greeting Wilson, then he entered the vehicle. Wilson is then heard telling Brinks to retrieve two guns he had hidden. He said ‘Di two ting deh weh di dawg lef wid yuh mi come fa’…’so mi jus waa yuh rise dem.”

Brinks who appeared nervous and fearful denied knowing what Wilson was talking about in the presence of the Police.

Wilson insisted Brinks show the Police where the guns were hidden.
He also several times pleaded with Brinks to stop being ignorant. He then assured him that the Police would not take him into custody if he revealed where the guns were hidden.

Yesterday’s police witness also appeared assuring, telling the accused “everyting good…” “Work wid di programme.”

The witness later told the court he was trying to get Brinks comfortable enough to say where he hid the guns.

Brinks at this point maintained he didn’t know where the guns were. He even said the assistance of the military to comb the area for guns would prove futile.

A frustrated Wilson then uttered that Brinks wasn’t cooperating and after strong coersion, he subsequently changed his story twice.

He initially told Wilson and the Police that the guns had been sold to a man in Montego Bay, St. James but the Police team questioned if he was being truthful.

Another policeman among the team using several expletives told Brinks he was giving him 15-minutes to get the guns including a rusty AK 47 rifle.

Brinks pleaded with the policeman not to kill him because he was the only child for his mother.

The accused who wasn’t being held at gun point even begged to say his last prayers. The Policemen again assured Brinks they were only interested in finding the firearms.

Brinks insisted the policemen were from C-TOC and smart. A member of the team then told Brinks to retrieve the weapons, leave them in the road and walk away.

The witness says Brinks subsequently led them to a spot where they cleared several pieces of bamboo on a gully bank, however, no weapons were found.

The witness will continue his evidence at 10:00 this morning.