The first batch of cruise ship workers aboard Royal Caribbean’s Adventure of the Seas has began disembarking the vessel today.

The Jamaicans who have been at sea for months were allowed to board JUTC buses at the Falmouth Pier in Trelawny in groups of 20 and taken to hotels in St Ann.

The vessel docked on Tuesday but none of the Jamaicans were allowed to disembark at the time.

Cabinet Minister, Senator Matthew Samuda gave an update to our news center just before news time.

Minister Samuda says the over 100 people who’ve disembarked the ship so far have been tested.

He says the Falmouth Pier is a sterile area which is being used to conduct the testing.

Minister Samuda says the Government is expecting the quarantine process to go relatively smoothly.

Minister Samuda says discussions with the Press Association of Jamaica, PAJ, have been going well about a protocol to allow for coverage of the controlled re-entry of citizens programme.

[Cart No: <Carts>Samuda on airport media.mp3Time: 26sOut-cue: ]

Minister Samuda says members of the external media were not allowed on the Falmouth Pier this morning because the facility is being used as a private area to test the Jamaicans.

[Cart No: <Carts>Samuda on media.mp3Time: 25sOut-cue: ]

Matthew Samuda, Minister without porfolio in the Ministry of National Security.