Five persons were injured in a gas explosion at the Villa Road Primary School in Manchester early this morning.
The incident happened when members of the school’s canteen staff were swapping out a gas cylinder close to an open flame.
Public Relations Officer at the Jamaica Fire Brigade, Assistant Commissioner Emilio Ebanks, spoke with Nationwide News.
He says officials from the fire brigade are investigating the incident.
Assistant Commissioner Emilio Ebanks, Public Relations Officer at the Jamaica Fire Brigade.
In the meantime, Mayor of Mandeville and Councillor for the Royal Flats Division, Donovan Mitchell, visited the school and the injured persons today.
He says two of his constituents were among those injured.
Donovan Mitchell, Mayor of Mandeville and Councillor for the Royal Flats Division
They were speaking this afternoon with Nationwide News.